Mediators in Doha announced a 90-day extension of the Iran-Israel ceasefire on Friday after negotiators broke a two-week deadlock over the sequencing of inspections at three Iranian nuclear sites struck in the war’s opening weeks, locking in the longest projected pause in fighting since the conflict began and giving European, Gulf and multilateral institutions a defined runway to anchor reconstruction commitments.

The agreement, read out in tandem from podiums at the Sheraton Doha by Qatari Foreign Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani and Pakistani Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar shortly after 4 p.m. local time, extends the Apr. 15 cessation through Aug. 13 and commits both governments to a structured verification regime at Natanz, Fordow and Isfahan administered by the International Atomic Energy Agency under what officials described as a “supervised escrow” model.

Under the model, satellite imagery, environmental samples and on-site inspection logs from the three facilities will be deposited with the agency in Vienna within 24 hours of each visit and released, in redacted form, to a four-government technical panel comprising the United States, Germany, Pakistan and a rotating Gulf member. Israel will not participate in inspections directly but will receive an unredacted summary through a U.S. channel within 72 hours, a formula that European negotiators called the most that Tehran was willing to accept and the minimum Jerusalem could explain at home.

“The text is not perfect, no text in this region ever is, but the text is real and it is now law for the next ninety days,” Mr. Al Thani said. “We did not come to Doha to write history. We came to Doha to give the families of this region ninety days in which their children sleep through the night. We have done that.”

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi, who returned to Doha on Thursday after consultations in Tehran, said in a brief televised statement that Iran’s “principled position on national sovereignty” had been preserved and that the inspection regime would apply only to the three sites struck during the war, not to the broader Iranian fuel cycle. He warned that any deviation from the agreed protocols by “the Zionist regime or its sponsors” would “void the calm immediately.” Israeli officials, briefed in advance by the U.S. delegation, did not appear at the podium but issued a written statement through the prime minister’s office calling the framework “a temporary arrangement that protects Israel’s red lines while the broader work continues.”

The breakthrough capped a frenzied week of shuttle diplomacy that began in earnest after the resignation Monday of two far-right Israeli ministers and the loss of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s working Knesset majority. Pakistani envoy Asim Iftikhar, who carried the final language between the Iranian and Israeli delegations on Wednesday and Thursday, told reporters that the inspection text had been redrafted “seven times in forty-eight hours” and that the decisive concession came from Tehran on Thursday evening, when Iranian negotiators dropped a demand that the Vienna-held materials be sealed for five years.

A senior Western diplomat involved in the talks, granted anonymity to describe sensitive deliberations, said the Israeli decision to accept indirect verification had been “the harder political move” given the domestic backdrop in Jerusalem, where Mr. Netanyahu has been working to enlist centrist National Unity leader Benny Gantz as a coalition safety net. “Netanyahu signed off on this with sixty-one seats,” the diplomat said. “That is either courage or arithmetic, depending on how the next two weeks go.”

In Washington, President Donald Trump welcomed the extension in remarks from the South Lawn before departing for a weekend at his Bedminster, N.J., club, calling the agreement “a tremendous outcome for everybody, especially for America.” He credited Secretary of State Marco Rubio’s “very tough negotiating” and said the United States would “make sure the inspections work.” Pressed on whether the administration would commit additional reconstruction funds at next week’s Marseille conference, the president said the matter was “being looked at very seriously” and declined to provide a figure.

Markets, which had been pricing a partial extension since early in the week, took the announcement as confirmation rather than surprise. Brent crude settled at $93.40 a barrel, down 90 cents on the day and the lowest close since Feb. 24, while the S&P 500 added 0.6 percent to finish a fourth consecutive weekly gain. The dollar weakened modestly against the euro and the yen. “Ninety days of geopolitical visibility is unusual in this part of the cycle,” said Priya Venkataraman, head of geopolitical strategy at Goldman Sachs, in a client note. “The market is now treating Iran risk the way it treated Brexit in 2019 — as a known variable to be re-priced at deadlines, not a tail risk to be hedged every Friday.”

Reaction across the region tracked the contours of the deal. Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan, in a statement from Riyadh, called the extension “the indispensable foundation” for Marseille and confirmed the kingdom would lead a Gulf Cooperation Council pledging delegation to the May 6 conference. The United Arab Emirates and Qatar issued parallel endorsements. Turkey’s foreign ministry welcomed the agreement and reiterated Ankara’s offer to host a follow-on conference on Mediterranean shipping insurance later in the summer. Russia and China, which abstained on last week’s U.N. Security Council resolution endorsing the Islamabad framework, each issued statements describing the extension as a “positive step” while restating reservations about Western dominance of the verification panel.

Reaction inside Israel was more strained. Mr. Ben-Gvir, the former national security minister, called the inspection text “a national humiliation dressed in agency stationery” and demanded an immediate Knesset debate. Mr. Gantz, by contrast, told Israeli radio that he would “judge the agreement by what it produces, not what its critics say about it,” language that aides characterized as a green light for continued coalition talks. A senior official in the prime minister’s office said the government would brief opposition leaders on the framework on Sunday and seek a Knesset vote within 10 days.

Humanitarian agencies welcomed the predictability the extension would bring. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees said 320,000 displaced people had returned to homes in Iran, Iraq and Yemen since Apr. 15 and that a 90-day horizon would allow donors to release multi-month operating budgets that had been frozen at six-week increments. The World Health Organization’s emergency coordinator for the region, Dr. Rana Hajjeh, said the extension would enable the agency to restart routine vaccination campaigns in southern Iraq and along the Iran-Iraq border that had been suspended since early March.

Officials in Doha said a joint technical committee would convene at IAEA headquarters in Vienna on Monday to begin operationalizing the inspection protocols, with the first scheduled visit to Natanz set for the second half of May. Mr. Al Thani and Mr. Dar said additional working-group sessions would resume in Doha after the Marseille conference, with the question of a permanent security architecture to be taken up “no later than the seventy-fifth day” of the extension.