The ceasefire between Iran and Israel held into its tenth day on Saturday, with United Nations monitors reporting the truce was broadly intact despite a string of isolated violations, even as preliminary damage assessments released across four countries pushed the war’s regional reconstruction bill above $180 billion and pressure mounted on negotiators in Doha to convert the fragile halt into a permanent accord.

The figure, compiled by a joint working group of the World Bank, the United Nations Development Programme and Gulf Cooperation Council economists, captured destruction in Iran, Iraq, Yemen and Israel but did not include knock-on losses to shipping, tourism or the wider regional economy, which a separate International Monetary Fund note last week estimated had shaved roughly 0.6 percentage points from global growth projections for 2026.

“The headline number is sobering, and the real number will be higher,” said Reem al-Sabah, the working group’s lead author and a senior fellow at the Doha-based Gulf Economic Forum. “What we are seeing is not a postwar accounting so much as a starting point. Power grids, water systems and refineries are the most visible damage. The harder repair will be to industries and labor markets that have lost two months.”

At a briefing in New York on Friday evening, U.N. spokeswoman Mireille Doucet said unarmed observers stationed at four positions along the Strait of Hormuz and at two crossings in southern Iraq had recorded “no organized military activity attributable to state parties” since Tuesday. Two incidents earlier in the week — a Houthi-claimed projectile fired toward a Saudi naval vessel and a small-arms exchange near the Iraq-Iran border — had been condemned by all signatories and were under investigation.

In Washington, President Donald Trump told reporters on the South Lawn that the cessation of hostilities was “going better than anybody thought,” and credited what he called “very firm American leadership” for the result. He declined to commit to a reconstruction contribution, saying only that the United States would “look at every option that puts America first.” Pressed on whether U.S. funds would be made available through the World Bank facility being assembled by Saudi Arabia, the president said the matter would be discussed at a Cabinet meeting next week.

The political tone in Israel was less settled. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s coalition has come under sustained pressure from far-right partners who view the Apr. 12 Islamabad framework as insufficient, and from centrists demanding a public commission of inquiry into intelligence failures preceding the war’s onset in early March. A senior official in the prime minister’s office, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief reporters, said the government would resist a formal commission until at least the fall but would support a more limited interministerial review.

Iranian officials, for their part, have used the lull to reassert state control over a battered economy. Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi told state television on Thursday that “the page has not been turned, only steadied,” and warned that any unilateral move by Israel or the United States would “end the calm immediately.” The Central Bank of Iran, meanwhile, allowed the rial to trade in a narrower band against the dollar this week, the first such move since February, signaling cautious optimism among monetary authorities.

The Doha talks, which resumed Wednesday after a four-day pause around the Apr. 18 prisoner exchange, are being chaired jointly by Qatar’s foreign minister and a Pakistani envoy, with Egyptian and Saudi mediators in attendance. According to two diplomats familiar with the discussions, the parties have agreed in principle to a 90-day extension of the cessation, but remain split over the sequencing of inspections at three Iranian nuclear sites that Israeli aircraft struck in late March and early April. Iran has insisted on a U.N. mechanism with no Israeli component; Israel has demanded verification that includes intelligence-sharing with Western governments.

“There is a deal to be had here, but it is going to require both sides to swallow language they don’t like,” said Layla Hassan, a Beirut-based regional analyst at the Levant Policy Center. “The mediators are trying to bank the ceasefire before working through the harder pieces. The risk is that the harder pieces never come.”

Humanitarian agencies described conditions on the ground as improving but uneven. The U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees said roughly 240,000 displaced people had returned to homes in southern Iraq and southwestern Iran since Apr. 15, though many were finding electricity and water service intermittent. In Sana’a, the World Food Programme resumed full operations Tuesday after a six-week pause, with convoys moving through the port of Hodeidah for the first time since the Houthi escalation in early April.

Markets, which had whipsawed for weeks on every diplomatic signal, settled further on Friday. Brent crude closed at $98.10 a barrel, down from its $125 peak in late March and easing toward levels last seen before the war began, while the S&P 500 has recouped roughly two-thirds of its peak-to-trough decline. John Reilly, an oil and macro analyst at Citi, said in a client note that further downside in crude was “now a function of OPEC+ discipline more than headlines from Doha.”

The path beyond the immediate horizon remained unclear. A senior State Department official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, said the administration’s near-term aim was to “lock in another sixty days” of calm before pivoting to a broader regional architecture that would include the Gulf states and potentially Turkey. Officials said additional steps would be announced after consultations in Riyadh next week.