President Masoud Pezeshkian on Saturday accepted the resignations of three senior ministers and signaled a broader reshuffle of his government, the clearest sign yet that Iran’s wartime cabinet is being recast for a long and politically fraught recovery from the six-week war with Israel.

The departures, announced in a brief statement from the presidential office in Tehran, included Economy Minister Abdolnaser Hemmati, Industry Minister Mohammad-Ali Pourshafabi and the head of the Plan and Budget Organization, Davoud Manzoor. All three had served through the conflict and the April 15 ceasefire and were widely seen as bearing the political weight of an economy that contracted sharply during the fighting.

In their place, Pezeshkian is expected to nominate a slate dominated by figures associated with the reformist current that backed his 2024 election, according to two officials familiar with the deliberations who spoke on condition of anonymity because the nominations have not been finalized. The shift, if confirmed by parliament, would mark the most significant rebalancing of the Iranian executive since the war began on March 1.

“The president has been clear that the country needs a government oriented toward reconstruction, not one still fighting the last war,” government spokeswoman Fatemeh Mohajerani told reporters at a midday briefing. She declined to name replacements but said the new appointments would be submitted to the Majlis within the week.

The reshuffle comes against a punishing economic backdrop. The Central Bank of Iran has estimated direct war damage at roughly $84 billion, with hits to refinery capacity at Abadan and Bandar Abbas, the Kharg Island export terminal and several power-generation sites. Inflation, already elevated before the war, has run at an annualized 58 percent in April, according to figures published last week by the Statistical Centre of Iran. The rial closed Sunday at about 1.04 million to the dollar on the unofficial market, off its wartime lows but well below pre-conflict levels.

Hemmati, in a short note posted to his official account, said he was stepping aside “to allow new energies to undertake the work of recovery.” He did not respond to requests for further comment.

Hardline factions reacted with predictable anger. Hossein Shariatmadari, the editor of the conservative daily Kayhan, accused Pezeshkian in a Sunday column of “rewarding those who counseled retreat” during the conflict. Several lawmakers aligned with the Paydari Front said they would oppose any nominee seen as soft on negotiations with Washington over the post-war nuclear file. But the bloc, weakened by the war’s costs and by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s recent emphasis on national unity, is widely seen as lacking the votes to block the slate outright.

Khamenei has not publicly commented on the resignations. In a Friday sermon, however, he urged officials to “put aside factional disputes” and focus on rebuilding, language that several analysts read as quiet endorsement of the president’s plan.

“This is Pezeshkian using the political space that the ceasefire opened up,” said Sanam Vakil, director of the Middle East and North Africa program at Chatham House. “He spent the war keeping the system together. Now he is cashing in some of that credit to put his own people in the economic ministries.”

Diplomats in Tehran said the reshuffle could also have implications beyond domestic policy. Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi, who led the Iranian delegation at the Islamabad talks that produced the ceasefire and who has remained in his post, is expected to retain his portfolio and, according to two Western officials, take on an expanded role coordinating reconstruction financing with Gulf states and the European Union.

A senior State Department official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Washington was watching the appointments closely but was not inclined to read them as a signal on the nuclear track. “Personnel is not policy, not yet,” the official said. “We will judge by what they put on the table at the next round in Muscat.”

The next round of post-war talks, focused on monitoring arrangements at Iran’s surviving enrichment sites and on the partial unfreezing of Iranian assets held abroad, is tentatively scheduled for May 19.

Inside Iran, the most visible effect of Saturday’s announcement was on financial markets. The Tehran Stock Exchange’s main index rose 2.4 percent on Sunday, its biggest one-day gain since the ceasefire, led by industrial and banking shares. Bond yields edged lower. A Tehran-based fund manager, Mehran Bahrami, said by phone that traders were betting the new team would prioritize stabilizing the rial and resuming oil exports through restored terminals at Bandar Abbas.

“There is no illusion about how hard this will be,” Bahrami said. “But the market wants ministers who think about budgets, not about missiles.”

Civil-society figures voiced cautious approval. Narges Mohammadi, the imprisoned human-rights advocate, in a statement issued through her family on Sunday called the reshuffle “a small opening” and urged the new government to pair economic reform with the release of political prisoners detained during the war.

Pezeshkian’s office said the president would address the nation by midweek and was expected to outline a multi-year reconstruction framework, including provisions for foreign investment in the energy sector and a renegotiation of subsidy programs. Officials said additional appointments, including at the Oil Ministry, would be announced in the coming days.